Michael Van den Heuvel
Dr. Michael Van den Heuvel is the Canada Research Chair in Watershed Ecological Integrity, studies the effects of agriculture and chemical use on freshwater and coastal environments. His focus is the endocrine responses, immunotoxicology, and population health of fish, working to develop methods and solutions to best monitor environmental problems and better protect rivers in Prince Edward Island.
- Canada Research Chair in Watershed Ecological Integrity
- Director, Canadian Rivers Institute (2015-present)
- Science Director, Canadian Rivers Institute (2011-2015)
- Past Fellow, Canadian Rivers Institute (2007-2011)
- Associate Professor, University of Prince Edward Island
- Departments of Biology and Biomedical Sciences (Atlantic Veterinary College-AVC)