Science Director, CRI
Dr. Consuelo (Coqui) Aguilar's research group works on estuarine and coastal fish ecology. Major research includes ecological connectivity among coastal habitats (rivers-coastal wetland-shelf) with emphasis in nursery function of coastal wetlands, fish migration among habitats and river-estuarine-coastal fish responses to anthropogenic stressors at different levels in several projects funded by Canadian, American, Spanish and Mexican agencies. She has collaborated on research with CRI Science Directors Allen Curry, Karen Kidd and Past Associate Director Kelly Munkittrick for more than 10 years.
- Science Director, Canadian Rivers Institute
- At present: Research Professor, Department of the Studies for the Sustainable Development of Coastal Zones, University of Guadalajara, Mexico (Melaque).
- Research Professor, Center for Marine Investigation, University of Havana, Cuba (1981-2011)
- BSc and PhD, University of La Habana, Cuba
- MSc, Center for Marine Investigation, University of La Habana, Cuba