Job Opportunity: Water Resources Engineer (Matrix Solutions) Fredericton NB
JOB OPPORTUNITY: Water Resources Engineer (Matrix Solutions, Fredericton NB)
Matrix Solutions Inc. is a 100% Canadian, employee-owned environmental and engineering consulting company specializing in providing practical solutions to our clients, both domestically and internationally. Our client base includes all levels of government; conservation authorities; upstream and downstream oil and gas; mining; power; forestry; agriculture; manufacturing; and commercial developments. Over the years, Matrix has expanded both our service and geographical base and has become a recognized leader in:
• geomorphology, river restoration and water resources engineering
• environmental and social impact assessments and audits;
• environmental management, planning and regulatory compliance;
• environmental site assessment, remediation and reclamation;
• environmental monitoring;
• hydrology and hydrotechnical engineering; and
• groundwater management and source water protection.
The Fredericton, New Brunswick office is seeking a Water Resources Engineer to support their growing Water Resources team. The Engineer will work with a diverse team of professionals on a variety of multi-disciplinary water resource projects.
· Project management of a wide range of water resources projects including geomorphology and river, channel, and floodplain restoration, storm water management planning and design, erosion protection and sediment control, and subwatershed and watershed studies
· Assessment, modelling and design of river crossings (pipelines, bridges, culverts), water intakes, channel diversions and hydraulic structures
· Provide technical support and monitoring during construction, including tracking and reporting on field activities
· Manage project timelines and budgets ensuring a high quality product for our clients
· Analyze, assess, and interpret data to recommend or design solutions and mitigation strategies to geotechnical challenges
· Prepare technical reports and support business development initiatives including drafting proposals
· Build strong client relationships and liaise with stakeholders within various sectors
· Mentor and provide support to junior scientists and engineers
· Promote and comply with Matrix Health and Safety policies and procedures
Education, Experience, Technical Skills:
· 5 + years of experience in the water resources sector directly related to the engineering or environmental consulting industries
· Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering or related field
· Professional Certification (or candidacy) with APEGNB or other professional engineering jurisdiction in Canada
· Knowledge and experience in stormwater management and natural channel design
· Experience writing technical reports and proposals, and giving presentations to multi-stakeholder groups
· Effective project management skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
· Analytical approach to problem solving coupled with the ability to communicate recommendations practically and clearly
· Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
· A professional manner with a collaborative approach and the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team providing outstanding client service
· A valid Class 5 driver’s license with no restrictions
· Ability to work in remote locations
Matrix Solutions offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes an employee share-ownership program, profit share, employer RSP contributions, and an education fund. But, that's only a piece of what it means to work here. We are also committed to flexible work hours and schedules, team-based work, cross-training opportunities, and rewarding our star performers.
If you think this opportunity is right for you, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
For more information about Matrix Solutions, please visit our website at www.matrix-solutions.com
We welcome and promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Matrix provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources directly.
Matrix is committed to providing a safe and productive work environment and to promoting the health, safety and well-being of our employees. In keeping with our Alcohol and Drug Policy, individuals in safety sensitive positions are subject to alcohol and drug testing.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.