Job Opportunity at the CRI
This GIS & Data Management Coordinator would be based within the Canadian Rivers Institute (CRI) at UNB Fredericton. Founded in 2000 at UNB, the CRI has that mandate to develop the aquatic science needed to understand, protect, and sustain water resources for the region, nation, and the planet. The Mactaquac Aquatic Ecosystem Study (MAES) is a whole-river ecosystem study. It begins with a multi-year assessment of the structure and function of a large river ecosystem, followed by a manipulation of flow, sediment load, and thermal regime with consequential effects on the ecosystem and then a multi-year period to monitor the recovery to a new river state. This long-term, large-scale study will create a significant amount of historical, recent and future data that requires a sustainable management system for multiple, multi-level end users with varying data requirements.
· Liaise with users, stakeholder groups and external groups.
· Responsible for supporting GIS operations for the MAES group including map production, common geoprocessing and spatial analyses.
· Provide GIS technical support for MAES group.
· Maintain and manage a central data repository.
· Understand the requirement for strict data management (with full QA/QC) including data access restrictions, version control storage management.
· Provide data to users in a timely manner and suitable format.
· Minimum B.Sc., technical diploma, or equivalent related to geomatics and/or geographical information systems plus 3 years of experience.
· Knowledge and understand of GIS principles, formats (i.e. shapefiles, geodatabases, rasters, etc.), basic cartography and mapping systems.
· Training and experience with ArcGIS software.
· Knowledge of common geoprocessing and spatial analysis operations.
· Ability to generate spatial datasets for tabular data and standard map products from GIS data.
· Knowledge of ArcPad and ArcPad Studio would be asset.
· Familiarity and commitment to practice effective data management procedures.
· Experience with working with large, multidisciplinary databases with a multiple, multi-level user base.
· Ability to interact and work with others and communicate effectively.
· Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills and ability to work with deadlines.
Competition #: #129-14.15 Closing Date: January 9, 2015 4:30PM
Employment Group: P.T.S.U. Salary or Rate: $38,495 - $48,118 Per Annum
Employment Date:(tentative) As soon as possible Hours per Week: Full-Time (36.25 HPW)
Position Length:(tentative) Term until March 25, 2016 Funding: External Funding